I found this game when looking for idea for my game design. This post originally is written by tchvan.wordpress.com.
This post is a summary of Garden of Eden game, the final chapter in Liar game – a Japanese film.
Game has one HOST and a few players, in the original film, there are 11 players involved, and the HOST was wearing a mystery clown mask to hidden his real identity.
Each player has
- a brander: a metal stamp has player’s name on it, used for stamping player name to apples.
- an alphabet ID: will not be changed during the game, and player should keep it as a secret during the game.
- capital: an initialise amount of money, it may be the same or different depend on how the HOST would like, should be a multiple of $1M.
- debts: anyone exceeding $5m in debts must leave paradise and be banished from eden. However, if another player elects to cover that debt, the loser can continue.
- Enter the voting room one at a time, the order is voluntary.
- Vote with apples: Gold, silver, or red apples are available.
- Apples already picked off the tray can be burn or leave back onto the same color tray. If an apple picked off, a new apple with the same color will automatically added from the source.
- Players MUST stamp their chosen apple with their name by the given brander, then deposit the apple into the voting box.
- If a player casts 2 apples with the same name, only the first vote will count.
- Each round takes 1 hour, but once all votes are in, the round can be finished soon.
- Any player who fails to cast a vote in time, is penalised $1M.
- The votes will be automatically tabulated by the end of the voting.
- Repeat the process 13 rounds.
- The game can be played just by two kinds of apples.
- Once a person have voted, that ones cannot return to the room until the next round.
- Players are forbidden by contract to force another’s vote, however negotiation and persuasion is not counted as forbidden
The rules for gold and silver apples
- Majority wins rule: the team who has more votes is winner. Each player who in the majority group, will earn $1m. The minority ones, each lose $1m.
- If everybody casts the same color, everyone lose $1m.
The rule when red apple involved
Since gold and silver apples are forbidden fruit in the eden garden, which should not be casted. Instead, red apple of truth is recommended.
- If all players cast red apple, each will win $1m. If all rounds with red selected, each player may be able to win $13m.
- If anyone casts a forbidden fruit after red votes have been cast, those casting a red apple will lose $1m, and the rest earn $1m per each.
- Moreover, a single vote using a forbidden fruit will earn a special bonus of $2m.
- What players must avoid is being the only one who cast a red apple. That player’s name will be revealed, and incur a penalty of $10m.
- Who earn a positive balance at the end will retain the point into real money, a negative balance will translate into actual debt.
- The money leader at the end will be crowned champion, and is able to take home $50m.
- The game should be halted due to rule infringements, this money is rescinded, and the game will end with every player penalised $10m.
- To prevent multiple players from conspiring to split the $50m, earnings among players cannot change hands after the game.
So now players, cast the red apple of truth as often as you can. Human weakness and greed is the essence of the game.
- If a group was put in a minority group (5 out of 11), the best move is put the same kind of apple to the majority ones.
- If the minority put 5 gold, and if one of the majority defects to gold, he will win for sure. Because getting all of the majority vote silver is as hard as all of them voting red.
- Ability to burn one kind of apple.
- Ability to burn red apple to silver apple, but the computer still reckon it as a red ones.
- Can secretly ask other to put their brander under neath of the voting box.
- Ones can vote for the others.
- Ones can enter the room without vote, and then return to vote later as long as within the time limit.
- Ones can mark on any apples.
- Ones can leave message in the voting room secretly.
You can freely copy this post into your post, but you have to acknowledge this post is copied from tchvan.wordpress.com