Ingredients: (Serve 5)
- Tomato soup base:
- 5 medium tomatoes, cut into 4 (or 3 large tomatoes, cut into 8)
- 1 TS minced garlic
- 2 tsp suger, 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 jar of crab paste
- 1 full palm of dried prawn, soaked in warm water for 15 – 20 mins, drain and mince by a blender.
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp shrimp paste (mam tom)
- 1 tsp crushed black paper
- 1 Loaf Pork in banana leaf (Cha lua), cut into half moon shape, thick sliced around 1 cm.
- (Optional) dried tofu, pork blood (huyet), sugarcane shrimp paste (chao tom)
- Rice Noodle: 2 kg Thick Vermicelli.
- (Important) Shredded Tong Choy (Rau muong che)
- Lime, Chopped hot chili, Minced chili
- Bean Sprout
- (Optional) Basil, Perilla leaf (Tia to), Vietnamese Balm (kinh gioi)
- Chopped spring onion, crushed black paper, fried shallot for topping.
STEP 1: Make the broth
- Fry the garlic with 2 tsp oil, and then stir fry the tomatoes.
- Fill the pot with 2,5 – 3 litter boiled water, or lite chicken broth (1 chicken broth : 1 water, since the Rieu is salty so should not make the broth salty).
- Low the heat to minimun.
STEP 2: Make the Rieu
- Mix eggs, dried prawn paste, crab paste, shrimp paste, and paper.
- Maximun the soup heat, pour the mixture, stir well and turn to medium heat.
- Pour Loaf Pork into the soup.
- (Optional) Pour dried tofu, pork blood (huyet), sugarcane shrimp paste (chao tom) into the soup.
- Note: Do not skim off the foam, it will become Rieu.
STEP 3: Establish the dish
- Cook the noodle follow the package instruction.
- Put noodle into a bowl, follow with Rieu, Loaf Pork, and any other optional above.
- Fill the bowl with the soup and tomatoes, and topping with spring onion, dried shallot, and crushed black paper.
STEP 4: Serve
- Serve with Veggie list above.
Tchvan’s recipes, original from tchvan.wordpress.com